Bert Dennett with the LPOIC Thanksgiving Fall Derby winner for 2014. The big buck weighed over 24 LB.+ and was 38.5 in. long. Congrats man!
Click to view image
Our timing for the Pend Oreille fall trip was not the best for big bows but the week that followed had great results for the K&K entrants. We had little to no wind but it got up the next week and many big bows came up as well. I talked with Ed Dickson of Diamond Charters after I got home and he didnít get into any of the bigger 20 LB.+ gerrards but did get a nice bow in the mid-teens.
Based on the results of this derby and the preceding Captainís Table Halloween Derby, it appears that the efforts of all involved in restoring the fishery are paying off. I believe a 27 LB. bow won the Halloween Derby and all 4 of the top 5 places of the K&K derby were over 20 LB..
Here are the top (5) finishers:
1) Bert Dennett - Weight: 24.20 lbs. - Length: 38.5 inches
2) Kenny Breeden - Weight: 23.80 lbs. - Length: 38 inches
3) James Mullen - Weight: 22.38 lbs. - Length: 35 inches
4) Chris Thurlow - Weight: 20.34 lbs. - Length: 34 inches
5) John Hamilton - Weight: 19.26 lbs. - Length 34 inches
In the Mackinaw division, the top laker was caught by Gale Belgarde and weighed 16.10 and 34.5 inches long. Congrats to all the entrants and winners of the derby.
I am hoping to make a return trip next spring if things work out and absolutely returning next fall.