TTG, Your Source for All Things Trophy Trout! Visit the photo gallery! Visit the photo gallery! Visit the photo gallery! Visit the photo gallery! Visit the photo gallery! Visit the photo gallery! Visit the photo gallery! Visit the photo gallery! TTG Home

Fishing Reports
Photo Galleries
Articles Audio and Video Product Reviews TTG Store
The Brown Bite Continues!

Best of the afternoon.....went 7 LB. and was released right after a couple of photos.

Click to view image
Click to view Click to view Click to view

I have been working around the house of late and after getting some landscaping projects down for the wife, I decided to take an afternoon to hit one of our Central Oregon lakes. I had talked with a good friend, Joe Mitchell, earlier in the day only to learn he was heading up there to hit it as well. His Dad, George, was in town for a few days and they were going to take the motorhome and camp for 3-4 days. We both got on the water around 1:00 p.m. and started watching the graph and working the riggers.

It turned out to be a tough day though I did catch a 3 LB. brown early in the afternoon and one other hit a little later. Joe and I talked by phone and were working different areas of the lake. He and his Dad caught one around 3 LB. and had a couple of hits. Early in the evening when the sun dropped into some clouds, I could see kokanee working the surface and I decided to come up and work the top. It was around 7:00 when I had a good hit and the water way back exploded when the brown came right to the top. I could tell he had a little weight and he dug in and stayed down which often means a better fish. When I finally got him to the back of the boat, I saw the buck was nice and around 26 in. I would guess. I never did measure him but estimated him around 7 LB. I have caught a lot of browns this spring so no real reason for a formal weight. I set up my stand for photos and set the self timer and took these 3 photos reviving him in the net between takes. He seemed none the worse when I finally released him.

Water was 59 degrees on the surface and the wind made it tough for a lot of the afternoon until the sun went down enough and it dropped to a more manageable light chop. I will be heading out again later in the week so check back a little later.

Tight Lines,

Home | Copyright © 2004-2010 | Contact